My energies have been focused mostly on five areas:
- my home life – my wife, two daughters, two sons-in-law, my grandchildren, my parents, sibs, family, friends
- my work in Illinois on behalf of my profession as a marriage and family therapist – chair of the Illinois MFT licensing board for a total of 15 years, two rounds of being the president of Illinois Organizations for MFTs, Treasurer for the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards, various legislative efforts over the decades, etc.
- my work over the last 20 years teaching graduate students as an adjunct professor in the Wheaton College (IL) Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy, and
- my work in building a multi-disciplinary counseling center from scratch to 40 clinicians and 10 support staff located in 3 different communities. See: Centennial Counseling Center.
- my consulting work with other practices on building strong mental health organizations. This website summarizes much of what I have learned in that process.
I have been blessed in all five areas.
My hope in creating this website is to begin a dialog with others who are wanting to learn about what it means to be a therapist or about what it means to be a practice owner or manager. And if you have topics you would want to hear more on, please let me know.
Below are some pictures of places I have worked in my career. Enjoy.