I have focused most of my energy on five areas:
- home life – my wife, two daughters, two sons-in-law, my grandchildren, my parents, sibs, family, and friends,
- working on behalf of my profession – chair of the Illinois MFT licensing board for a total of 15 years, two rounds of being the president of Illinois Organizations for MFTs, Treasurer for the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards, various legislative efforts over the decades, etc.
- teaching as an Adjunct Professor for 20 years across three graduate programs at the Wheaton College (IL) Department of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy,
- building a multi-disciplinary counseling center from scratch to 40 clinicians and ten support staff located in three different communities. See Centennial Counseling Center,
- consulting with practice owners and managers on building robust mental health organizations. This website summarizes much of what I have learned in that process.
These posts reveal some of my early experiences and my thoughts about them: